People often ask me this…
“What are the chances that I can succeed at this?”
To be completely frank, your chances of success at this or any new project are just as good as me, or anyone else who is totally dedicated to what their do. I know that sounds like motivational speak, but this response is just pointing out the obvious reality.
Without sounding too cliche, we are all given the same amount of hours in a day. We have 24 hours. There is a good chance that you lead a busy life, you have time commitments, and you have people and other external forces vying for MORE of your time.
The reality is, even those that are creating VAST success within the affiliate marketing and online world are dealing with these same issues. It is how you handle these issue and how you approach your business that will improve your chances of success to the point where they are considerably HIGHER than most.
So today I want to give you a game plan moving forward.
How Do YOU Improve Your Chances of Success?
There are key things that you are going to want to do if you seriously want to create a successful business online, and I am not going to tiptoe about with the key focuses.
We’ll review the most important of them, SIX in fact, those of which I want to give you a detailed implementation plan. If you can tackle these, your chances of success are VERY HIGH. In fact, it will tip the needle and you will have a competitive advantage over 99% of people out there.
(1) Time Management. People whine and complain to me that they don’t have enough time.
They are in school. They have a family. They have a job, or in many cases, are working several jobs.
But the reality is, that is something that almost all of us are struggling with. It is not an excuse that you should lean on as the reason as to why you can’t start a business and why you are not achieving success.
I personally started out with my son Kevin, still full time in college, playing sports, committed to the gym daily, and I and me have a social life as well to maintain. We made sacrifices every day, and replaced time when others probably wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice, and replaced that with working on our business.
Instead, break down your days and weeks. Use the gaps in your day, and sometimes replace some activity like social media, like watching TV, and even in some cases hobbies or lunches, or breaks in the day, or naps…and replace that with working on your business. If you aren’t willing to do this, there are going to be many others that are. Guess who those people are? They are the ones SUCCEEDING.
(2) Goal Setting. You like are thinking, “I already set goals”. Well that may be the case, but if you are setting goals and not achieving them, you are either being too ambitious and getting discouraged as a result, or you simply are not working hard enough to achieve these goals.
Because of this, I suggest that you take a multi-pronged approach to goal setting. You will want to focus on goals that are ambitious (I want a mansion, I want a comfortable retirement income, I want to become a millionaire), but much smaller and actionable goals that will take you towards your more ambitious ones.
What are you going to achieve today? Make a list of your goals. And work to accomplish as many of these goals that you can.
What is your agenda for this week? Set your goals every Sunday night or Monday morning and make a list. Then work to bang out your entire list through the week.
What are your monthly, goals? Having a birds eye view of your month can lead to much more organization in terms of your weeks and your days. So I would suggest that you spend some time, perhaps on the 1st of every month to break down what you goals are in the month ahead.
And what are your yearly goals? If you haven’t done this yet, then do it today. What do you want to achieve, and how are you going to get there.
The trick with goal setting is that (a) you won’t achieve every goal and you have to be OK with that (b) you need to remain flexible with your goals and have the ability to do a 180 degree turn sometimes. Some things won’t go as planned, some goals will take longer than a day, week, month or year to achieve, and some of your goals you will never end up tackling.
But that is the reality with goal setting and the reality of what those that are succeeding at a very HIGH rate are doing.
(3) Taking Action Without Fear. Self doubt is something that we all struggle with, in particular when learning something new. The only way to overcome this is to take action in particular when the result of your action is potentially an “unknown”. The thing is, when you do this you are going to learn more than you ever could try to learn from a book or a video.
In perspective to the education here, that is why we have the tasks here at WA. It is to get you taking action. So do realize that those that are succeeding with a HIGH rate of success, are those that take action even at times when the result is unknown and potentially could be failure. This learning process (and understanding sometimes what WILL NOT work), will speed up the rate at what you achieve.
(4) Pursue Business for Enough Time for it to Happen. How long are you going to give yourself to achieve success within the online business world? If your answer is not “as long as it takes” then you need to work on this. The reality is that you could be minutes away from your first success, but the event in which things start to click for you are unpredictable.
I know firsthand about this. It personally took me 3 months to achieve success online in a financial sense, it took me a day to realize success in a non-financial sense. If you chalk up success as just being financial, you are going to miss out on the other successes that are going to actually lead to financial success.
Every word you write is a success, every page you publish, every single thing that you learn, and every goal that you meet is a success. The financial element and generating revenue is going to be the byproduct of these other successes along the way.
(5) Don’t Compare Yourself to Others. This is a fools game. If you are comparing yourself to others, then you are going to be in an endless cycle of disappointment. I mean, Mark Zuckerberg created a net worth of $40+ billion with Facebook in 10 years, my financial success is pitiful compared to that?
The reality is, that anyone that is just outside of you in terms of financial success or they have done something that you have wanted to achieve by now, will serve as a disappointment to you if you compare yourself to that. Instead, compare your position today to your position yesterday. If you have made progress, then you are moving in the right direction.
Those that are achieving a HIGH rate of success, are not constantly comparing themselves to others. They are comparing their position now, to what they were, and what they will be.
(6) Don’t Blame ANYONE/ANYTHING ELSE But Yourself. You want success, get it. Don’t blame your lack of success on the elements of life. This is a trap that far too many people play. It is also a way for people to feel good about the fact that they are too lazy to get off their butt and achieve something.
I have never once complained about the fact that something someone else has done that has lead to MY lack of success. The reality is, they are many variables and curve balls that will be thrown at you in business an in life. That is the reality.
I remember when I broke my right shoulder while exercising in fitness club july last year. I had my right arm unusable for weeks. Did this prevent me from working my “computer” job. No, not at all. Only a couple of days to be able to use my right hand for writing.
You have to be resilient, you have to take your situation and use things that feel like negatives to get better. If you don’t, be aware that others out there are and they will continue to eat a lions share of the rewards that exist out there in the business world.
Again, we all have the same number of hours in the day, and what we choose to do with those hours is going to determine the level of success we achieve. You can’t expect to do LESS than the person beside you that is succeeding at a high rate, and achieve what they are. You should aim to do more.
Be great, work hard, and work to create a long term and sustainable business. If you leverage these six elements you can expect to achieve a HIGH level of success.
Go get it!