This post is about some common reasons (or excuses) for why people don’t take the plunge and start something new. In this case, an online business. I remember some of these applied to me before I started my own online business in 2019.
“1. Don’t truly believe I can do it”
You will have the usual scepticism when thinking of jumping into this. Kevin and I faced the same fear, but we pushed on through and we successfully jumped right on in. We pushed all those doubts and negative thoughts to one side and focused on learning and getting our business set up. At the end of the day, if you believe you can make this a success, then you will.
In addition, you are part of a community that consists of people with varying skills and beliefs, from truck drivers through to big shot lawyers. They all have one thing in common – they want to change their life. Whether that’s for achieving their financial freedom, their time freedom or a better fulfilment. There is an underlying ‘why’, and that’s what you have to discover for yourself.
And yes, they all had initial doubts as I did, but the first step is always the hardest.
- Everyone starts somewhere, but, you need to sort out your mindset to embark on an entrepreneurial journey. Mindset, confidence and clarity on your ‘why’ are discussed on regular ‘WakeUp’ calls within the SFM (Six Figure Mentors) community. Check it out!
- Get inspired and learn from mentors through podcasts, books and motivational videos. I particularly love listening to Jay Shetty’s and Satori Prime’s podcasts.
- Daily visualisation practice so that eventually your future successful self becomes ingrained in your subconscious.
“2. I’m not a technical person”
Believe us, you don’t have to be. With all the training you simply cannot fail. Everything is there to hand for you every step of the way. Remember, Kevin and I we’ll be helping you through your journey. The best part is, you can work at whatever pace you feel most comfortable at. The choice is yours.
When I started my online business, I didn’t know how to build a website or set up email systems, write blogs or create custom graphics. There are so many resources available to you online, and it’s so easy these days. It is especially true when it can be just a case of point and click, and drag and drop interfaces -which means no HTML code learning is required anymore as it used to be the case some years ago!
- Digital Business Lounge (platform made available to you by the Six Figure Mentors (SFM), company that got me started and taught me how to create and ran my online business) for integrated hosting, website building, email, landing page – all in one place!
- Outsource all the technical parts of your business to experienced and cheap freelance talents using various services like Fiverr.
“3. No time”
The lack of time to commit to building a business is the most common excuse based on surveys and polls. Time is a precious commodity. We generally try to fill the free time we do have with enjoyable, rather than productive things. The desire is definitely there among young people, but time is often cited as the excuse.
Don’t forget that each day on earth represents a more significant portion of our time left to live than the previous day. Scary right?
With that in mind, surely you’ll want to spend less time commuting and working unsatisfactory jobs and more time with family, passions and growth?
This is why having an online presence is the best thing you can do, considering so much interaction and commerce is done through social media. It is astonishing that with people and networks at our fingertips, we’re not taking advantage as we can and should.
- Make time. If you want something badly enough, you’ll find a way.
- No time at this present moment, and too many commitments? Then consider an affiliate business model where your job is to promote and sell other peoples’ products/services for a commission. This requires less time and less capital and can help build a solid side income.
“4. I don’t have a product or service to sell”
This is something I struggled with initially. I always loved the idea of internet business but didn’t have a product or service. What to do?
- AFFILIATE MARKETING – Affiliate marketing is a great online business model for people looking to dip their toes into online marketing and start making money. Affiliate marketing consists essentially of promoting other peoples’ products and services aligned to your content, and that you have used before. SFM is a platform that not only teaches you how to become an effective affiliate marketer but also allows you to earn high-ticket affiliate commissions ranging in the $000s.
- E-COMMERCE – Amazon is the e-commerce platform of choice for millions across the globe. Suppose you don’t have your own product, no problem. These days it is easy to find wholesalers that produce t-shirts, camera bags, bikes, etc., and have them redesigned and re-branded according to your taste. Additionally, you don’t even need to hold stock in your garage or bedroom. With Amazon drop-shipping, the product can be collected from the wholesaler’s factory and dropped directly to the customer. The SFM (Six Figure Mentors) teaches individuals this Amazon drop-shipping process- step by step.
- YOU are the product. As you have so much to share that certain people will resonate with you. Give and share what you know/love about a particular topic, area or product, and before you know it, you will realise rewards from the value you give your customers and readers/viewers.
“5. I want to see examples of people like me make it first.”
People fear the unknown, and that’s entirely natural. Therefore it is entirely understandable that it helps us see evidence of success in that area whenever starting something new, thus giving us something to model.
Before I started my journey with the SFM (Six Figure mentors), I was intrigued by claims that people like me, earning comfortable salaries, managed to replace their salary with impressive profits from their online business. Conversely, some SFM community individuals had nothing like the academic education or training that I had. Still, they were commanding huge respect from their successes.
Click here to read real testimonials from real people, get inspired and change your life!
I wanted to shine some insight into the excuses that most people (yourself included?) say to avoid starting an online business. And with forecasted online sales of $25 trillion by 2025, surely you’d want to build your internet business and claim a tiny chunk of that??